The company recognises that day to day operations impact both directly and indirectly on the environment. The company is committed to significantly reducing its impact on the Planet through the prevention and reduction of waste and pollution, and the continual improvement of its Environmental Management System.
We are committed to:
- Incorporating environmental responsibility across all business operations by planning, setting targets, reviewing and auditing performance.
- Actively driving sustainable behaviours through effective environmental awareness communication systems and training.
- Developing visionary solutions across our wide customer base which minimises the number of miles travelled.
- A vehicle replacement policy which invests in the best alternative fuel technology for the operation in each business area.
- Regularly maintaining and servicing all company vehicles to ensure their efficiency and minimise greenhouse gas emissions.
- Controlling, monitoring and reducing the fuel consumption of all vehicles by key performance indicators and vehicle telematics.
- Continual improvement of our Environmental Management System to enhance our environmental performance through minimising waste, compacting, material re-use and recycling.
- Minimising energy used and ensuring that the energy we do use comes from renewable sources.
- Embracing future technology and change which reduces our impact on the planet.
- Promotion of the Gregory Group’s environmental objectives to all of its stakeholders including customers, suppliers and employees and our local communities.